very cosy in winter time!
- go shopping to Kalverstraat
- Try at a bakery THE cake of Amsterdam...an Appeltaart...best at Café Winkel 43
- stroll along Prinsengracht, Keizersgracht or Herengracht
- visit also one of the Riviera Maison's stores for accessories
- buy cheese at the Kaaskamer
- in the Shopping centre Kalvertoren their is the Blue
Amsterdam on the Rooftop with a nice view
- visit the designer store of Iris van Herpen
- go to the flower market
New Restaurants are:
- De Jonge Dikkert
- De Kas
Schilo now Taiko at Conservatorium Hotel
Ron Blaauw returns to basics here, creating cuisine that is pure and prepared with quality ingredients. This urban gastro-bar combines a hip, lively ambience with top class cuisine without the frills. It also means little formality but original, delicious food and sensational flavours. Phenomenal value for money, which is also reflected in the wine list. The reversal in style by this top chef is a great hit with customers
This luxury hotel in Amsterdam has repeatedly been crowned the number one luxury hotel in the Netherlands. Located in the Museum Square district, the true heart of the city, the Conservatorium is an architectural masterpiece that combines a landmark heritage building with graceful, contemporary design. Guests enjoy a selection of restaurants, a bar, lounge and the 1,000 sq m Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre. In this vibrant and elegant setting, the city's crown jewels – the Van Gogh Museum, Concertgebouw, Rijksmuseum, Vondelpark and Amsterdam's most indulgent shopping – are literally at your doorstep.