the Golden Mile...
- if you travel from Johannesburg to Durban, the Oakland Country Manor in Van Reenen is the perfect stopover! 2 1/2 hours drive from Johannesburg and 3 hours from Durban
- on the way down to Durban you see the fantastic Drakensberge, if you have time their are many hiking trails
- in Durban you can stroll along the Golden Mile, this promenade has been renovated for the WM 2010
- the Victorian Street Market has many exotic spices from India or Africa
- take a hotel in one of the nice suburbs, such as Umhlanga
Endless Horizons - Durban
This beautiful boutique hotel is situated in the cosmopolitan suburb of Durban North and offers unsurpassed 180 degree views of the Indian Ocean. The location offers travellers a wide variety of activities and destinations to visit and explore.
The newly opened 108 on the Rocks Bistro features a seasonsable à la carte menu with dynamic flavours and combinations to ensure a memorable dining experience.
Lots of love to the detail!
Oaklands Country Manor - Van Reenen
Oaklands Country Manor and its surrounding estate in Central Drakensberg are steeped in a rich history that dates back to the years preceding the First Boer War. It has seen a series of devoted owners who enjoyed varying degrees of success as the property served as a game farm, family estate and guest house over the years.
Meals can be enjoyed in a variety of settings to suit the mood and season – the cosy restaurant for colder evenings, and for those balmy nights and sun-kissed mornings their is a beautiful terrace, where you can unwind or start your day with an unsurpassed view of the mountains in the distance. We enjoyed very much Annie's passionate service and the very relaxed atmosphere!