Bella Italia or how to get into a retro mood!
or how to get into a retro mood!
- yes...probably everybody in our age, coming from Switzerland, had in his former teenager age his first kiss down here in Lido di Jesolo!
- the water is crystal clear and warm, since two years this 14 miles beach has the blue flag
- catch the Moby Dick Boat out of the beach and head for a one day journey over to Piazza San Marco, Venice
- Via Andrea Bafile is the Main Shopping Street (probably the longest in Europe) in Lido di Jesolo and you'll find all the big brands along
- At the boardwalk you will find a walk of fame, similar to the one in Hollywood. The first star was dedicated to Alberto Sordi. You'll find famous names as Sophia Loren, Andrea Bocceli etc
- go to one of the big supermarkets and buy excellent Olio Extra Vergine and Aceto Balsamico
- and yes, a melon down here tastes like a melon and not like a cucumber....!
- go to the Veneto Designer Outlet in Noventa di Piave, just a 15 min. drive. You'll find 90 outlet stores such as Polo by Ralph Lauren, Nike, Columbia etc
Ristorante da Guido
Without overstating, Ristorante da Guido is one of the best eating venues in Jesolo, at least in terms of regional cuisine. The reputation of this restaurant has already exceeded the confines of Jesolo, which speaks for the standards of excellence observed by the chefs. Fish-dish lovers will definitely have a thrilling experience in case they decide to dine at Ristorante da Guido. However, the seafood and fish-dishes do not suffocate, so to speak, the menu. There are plenty other specialties originated in the old recipes which capitalize on the generosity of the farming traditions of the region.
The atmosphere is quite down-to-earth, and the gastronomic experience proper is enhanced by an exquisite list of wines which showcases Italian and French brands
….the love of food....this is the philosophy of this little jewel in Lido di Jesolo!
This kitchen was such a highlight in this former known "camping area"! New cooking techniques, new raw materials and new processing methods make up a small part of what the kitchen defines as culinary innovation, what we totally agree. The restaurant belongs to a new philosophy chain "Eat Jesolo" and yes, they really showed the opposite of a tourist trap you'll expect in this area!
The service was really attentive and we could feel the cooks passion until the last bite!
Ristorante Entrée da Michele
Very stylish restaurant where the head Chef Michele Nesto celebrates a creative cuisine.
Don't expect the warm italian service, it's a little bit more sophisticated.
Ristorante Al Traghetto
Al Traghetto Restaurant's experience reaches back the almost 50 years that it has been in business and the history of their roots is carried in every dish. The combination of several factors, such as hospitality from the restaurant immersed in greenery, the Capiotto family's friendliness, the high quality and freshness of the fish and recipes taken from local seafaring traditions, give the customer the pleasure of flavours, which overall is truly an unforgettable experience.
While admiring the surrounding views, where the Piave River plunges into the rural countryside not far from its estuary, you can take time to relax in the outdoor area or better still, you can make yourself comfortable in one of the two gazebos facing the river.
Park Hotel Ermitage
Park Hotel Ermitage is not the usual 4-star hotel in Jesolo, but a 360-degree experience to live. The hotel is distinguished by its original architectural appearance, which makes it look like a cruise ship ready to sail, also thanks to its strategic seafront location, and to its decisively green footprint, which allows it to feed on solar energy . The family run hotel has many regulars which is very well deserved.
The interior of te hotel is, elegant, maintaining a classic and sober style combined with the latest technologies. The rooms and suites are both facing the sea and the side, and all come with a large terrace and wifi .
This was for sure not our last visit at this very charming jewel here in Lido di Jesolo!