Seafood at it's best!
The Normandy region surprises not just with the most beautiful beaches and towns of France, still you'll find fantastic Michelin starred restaurants, ambitious cooks, with a big heart for fresh seafood and local produces. The landscape goes from the romantic Orne over to the wild Atlantic Coast. If you are interested in the history of World War II, here the heroes of the US, Canadian and British allies are still very much present and are honoured every year on 6th June.
- you should visit the sea village Etrétat and do some hiking over the fantastic limestone rocks, offering spectacular views on the Atlantic Sea.
- Honfleur at the Côte Fleurie, has a romantic harbour and plenty of seafood restaurants and shops.
- At the slightly snobby Deauville, every year the Deauville American Film Festival takes place. The Festival highlights the diversity of American cinema, from major Hollywood Productions to independent films.
- At the Calvados region you may not only have the possibility to taste Calvados! Their are several highlights to visit just as Omaha Beach (where World War II history becomes alive), the famous Tapisserie de Bayeux or the prefecture city Caen.
- south at the Pays d'auge you'll find typical villages of the Normandy such as St-Céneri-le-Gerei, Camembert, Falaise or Livarot.
- When it comes to the Gastronomique Scene, one of the highlights is for sure dinner at Arnauld Viel's gourmet temple in Argentan
- For shell lovers the best beaches are around Gold Beach and Juno Beach
Arnauld Viel - Argentan
Restaurant La Lieutenance - Honfleur
In the heart of the historic center of Honfleur, this restaurant welcomes you on the famous square of the Sainte Catherine Church. In summer time you can sit outside the beautiful terrace, in winter around the warmth of the fireplace. The restaurant offers a fantastic seafood menu, 100% homemade dishes, exclusively based on fresh and regional products. This is in terms of service, ambiance and food one of the best choices to get in Honfleur.
La Ferme de la Ranconnière - Crépon
La ferme de la Ranconnière is a boutique hotel close to the atlantique sea. Installed in a farmhouse in the heart of the Normandy and more than 700 year old, the estate still retains many traces of its history.
In the hotel restaurant you can taste typical dishes in an exceptional setting. This place was in fact so romantic and displayed the typcal cosy hotel you'll expect in the Normandy! The staff was very attentive and since this place felt home away from home, it was really hard for us to leave!
Hotel les Maisons de Léa - Honfleur
In this charming 4* hotel, you'll spend romantic days in the middle of Honfleur. It's a beautiful ancient building, composed of an old salt storehouse and three 16th-century houses. Inside the cosy and elegant décor has been lovingly chosen, with warm fabrics and furniture. This is the ideal heaven for a romantic stay in Normandy! Although the hotel bathrooms really need to refurbished some day. The Tourbillon restaurant offers gourmet cuisine in a warm atmosphere.
Dormy House - Etretat
Dormy house in Etretat is an invitation to escape in an exceptional environment. Overlooking the sea and the village of Etretat, in a quiet 4-hectare park, the Dormy House, is a charming hotel and restaurant since 1955. It's recognised as one of the jewels in the crown of the Cauchois coastline and guarantees comfort and well-being. Discover the newly refurbished suites, a traditional restaurant and a bistro, a bar with a lounge and a terrace overlooking the sea. It was really fantastic to zip at a cup of coffee in our room and enjoy the Sea View and listen to the gull's!